Saturday, May 30, 2009

[In Singaporean Singlish mode]
I tell you ah, teachers here very unfair one. They hor, at first tell you don't have to sit for the exams. Now so fast change mind, want you to sit for exams lor. We all scared until all diam diam. Waliao eh, still ask if we have any objections. Of course la. We ah, quiet objection leh! Damn unfair can. Last minute say one, last period hor, make announcement say want to meet the students who just came in April. I thought what, tell us don't have to do exams or something better!? Stupid one.

[English mode]
I hope everyone understands what I've typed above. Gosh, it sounds so weird. But that's how Singaporeans over here talk like. Hahhahah, exactly like Singapore!
Unexpectedly, many other Asians (eg. people from China, Indonesia, Malaysia etc.) also want to learn the "unique" Singlish! :O
They think it's cool. HAHAHAH, I can't believe it! 8D
The people here think that Singaporeans speak very good English! One example is my friend from China, Crystal.

Me: How come you speak always got the la, lor, huh, hor one? You learn from Terry (her Bf) one issit?
Crystal: I want to learn the Singaporean English la!
Me: The Singlish ah!? Why leh? I think the Singaporean English very horrible one leh. Don't learn better.
Crystal: Where got bad!? I thought all Singaporeans speak very good English one eh! That's why I want to learn..
Me: HUH!? Good(!?), where got lor. (Seriously, people here think Singapore's English is good!) It really depends from person to person. Some people English so lousy, others Chinese lousy and vice-verse.

I was stunned from there on. Why in the world would anyone want to learn the Singlish, which has been made fun of so many times!?! Well, I've got to say the Singlish is well sort of, unique.
I mean mostly people would want to learn the acquire the British or American accent or others, but no where near the Singlish. I guess it's like that for everyone, one does not want to be what one is already is.
Eg. I heard of Caucasians over here who want to be Asians while Asians who want to be Caucasians (like Singaporeans)?
Such obvious irony? :O

P.s I would still like to mention that yesterday sucked big time.
Not only did we receive such horrible news, we had to also move desks from our classroom to the YDC (Youth Development Centre), which is 2 blocks away.
Manz, my arms are aching like hell. Not only did I carry a desk but------ 3 desks.
To add on top of that, my mother's ATM card got retained. Me, the idiot who did not know ATMs could be retained, tried keying in the pin, which I forgot, and on the 4th try, the card was retained with me keying in the correct pin. Ass!
How unlucky was I!? Very, thank you very much :\

Well, perhaps the more unfortunate thing was Peter's confession to Reyner and Wen.
In which Reyner wrote on Nichole's wall and soon we all knew!
Charlotte was in trauma.
Poor girl, I know how exactly you feel.
However, I must admit I've not a guy who is that gay crushed on me before. If I were you, I'd be equally freaked out.
I hope what you said about what you heard yesterday about the Honkee guys wasn't true. If not it'd be my turn and to run away.
I think you just added my name in right! Better be right :'(

I can't upgrade the Internet plan here yet.
It's so lagggggggggg!
It's so so so long already.

Okay, it's time to study full force and out!