Friday, April 23, 2010

Photobucket
Today is my special day. It officially marks...

my first year studying overseas!!!!!

Does anyone even remember? Or am I the only emotional one? Hahahah, it was ambiguous wasn't it?
I left on Miss Chan's birthday too. I remember it so clearly like as if it was just yesterday that I left. I badly wanted to wish Miss Chan but was greatly overwhelmed by my emotions. Even if I did try to call her, it wouldn't be sounding too cheery nor would she come close to deciphering my chokes and all that spluttering. ._.

Yes, it was that bad. For those who sent me off will know. I haven't taken the time yet to properly thank those who made it there specially. So in this post: Thank you all for taking the time and effort to come down to the airport to send me off. I really really appreciated it, right from the bottom of my heart! See lah, no wonder I cried 'til my eyes looked like dumplings!!!! (:

You girls know who you are! *blows kisses*
And yeah, the only guy was late. Still, I want to thank him for taking a taxi and rushing down!!! LOL, but he still failed to reach the airport in time. So sweet! :)

I brought my presents over to Perth and kept reading all those dedications. Yeap, just so y'know that I didn't just chuck presents aside!!!

The experience was definitely something new and let's just say I don't respond well to new changes well. Seriously, I mean it. I always try so hard to open up and in the end, achieving nothing at all- always back to square one. Time and time again, I can't just open up as and how I want to. I feel comfortable then I'll just do. I seem like I'm always happy but am I? I seem like I don't have any pms, but do I really don't? The answer is pretty obvious, I'm sure.

Nonetheless, I truly enjoyed myself that time at Shin's and Marie's house. It wasn't something that I expected. ;)
You can't imagine how happy I was to head back during my July holidays. The photos I took reveal it all. I couldn't wait to see everyone- my family, friends, relatives and pets!

Heading back to Perth was something that I dreaded after my two weeks' holiday. I performed in drama no. 2. Cherie, Nisa, Sheryl, Lin Hui, Rachel and my family were there to see my performance. Lol.

Term 3 was pretty much coping with studies and all. As term 4 drew nearer, we all looked forward to our graduation ball and plainly graduation. I didn't and couldn't feel sad that I was graduating. It was nostalgic but with absolutely no emotions attached. It's only half a year that we've been in this school, how bonded can we be to the school? Schoolwork was piling up at this period.

Ball was something really enjoyable. I was quite impressed by it, settings and all. My Secondary school's ball was nowhere near this. It was like comparing two different things; yet both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I know that I did not perform as well as I had expected for the finals.

University was yet another a new experience. Freedom, environment and the people I meet here are all so unique and different. Of course, anyone will prefer University's life!!! It's so much more interesting! Skipping lectures and tutorials are part and parcel of the University life. Yeah, I'm a bad example to my readers. HAHAHAH. The only thing that I really dislike: Independence in studies, you are in charge for your own studies and learning processes.

To sum up, I've really learnt alot for my first year here and have been really grateful for the opportunity and to all my friends, family and relatives, thank you for the endless support you've given to me whilst I'm here. I really really really appreciated it alot!

P.S On this special day, I got to eat Shirley's and Olivia's handmade strawberry cheesecake!!!!! Yum yum, um nom nom!!!! It completed my whole special day. :)

Thank you both of you!

Credits: Me.